Ministry of Human Resource and Development [ MHRD ], All India Council for Technical Education [ AICTE ] and University Grants Commission [ UGC ] have collectively undertaken an initiative to improve the employability of students. The MHRD claims that the data regarding employment of post graduate and graduate students from arts and technical stream are not maintained centrally. Therefore, the ministry has given directions to sort the issue and maintain the data, centrally so as to anlayze them as and when required.
UGC, AICTE and MHRD have taken the following decisions to improve employability: -
- Implementing Employment Enhancement Training Programme or EETP and National Employment Enhancement Mission or NEEM. These programmes will enhance the employability of technical and arts graduates.
- With an objective to nurture the entrepreneurial skills of students, Startup Policy 2016 will be implemented.
- Through National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) all the universities and colleges, B.Voc degree programmes, community colleges, Deen Dayal Upadhaya KAUSHAL Kendras will be implemented.
- Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first Indian Institute of Skills which will play a crucial role in training the youth in various skills.
- On the other hand, most of the state governments are implementing skills training programmes to enhance the employability of students. Every year, lakhs of students are graduating but many of them lack skills which are mandatory to secure a better job.