Union Minister of Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar today launched the unique portal and mobile app of Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA), a body under the aegis of the Ministry of Human Resource Development here in New Delhi.
What Is RUSA?
RUSA is the Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) of the Department of Higher Education, MHRD which aims to provide strategic central funding to State Higher Education Departments and Institutions and achieve the broad objectives of access, equity and excellence.
"Unless we improve the quality of education we will not be able to create capable people and good citizen and therefore improvement of quality is the thrust for all our efforts in the educational fields. Today this is a unique event as well as experiment wherein we have inaugurated 17 facilities created under Rashtriya Ucchatat Shiksha Abiyan (RUSA) in one go in 14 states", Minister said.
The RUSA projects that were launched today are as under:
- Up-gradation of Existing degree colleges to Model Degree Colleges: Academic (Commerce) Block in Dera Natung Government College, Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh)
- Infrastructure Grants to the University: Computer Lab at Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak (Haryana)
- New Colleges (Professional): Rajiv Gandhi Government Engineering College, Kangra (Himachal Pradesh)
- Creation of Cluster Universities in Jammu and Srinagar (District), Jammu and Kashmir ( J&K )
- Equity Initiatives: Digital Language Laboratory in Ghatsila College, Ghatsila, Kolhan University (Jharkhand)
- Infrastructure Grants to Universities: Solar Panelling System in Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady, Ernakulam (Kerala)
- Infrastructure Grants to University: Academic Block, Government Rani Durgawati College, Mandla (Madhya Pradesh)
- Research, Innovation and Quality Improvement in Shivaji University, Kolhapur & Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune (Maharashtra)
- Infrastructure Grants to Colleges: Renovation of IT/Bioinformatics Centre, Laboratories in Biotechnology, Food Technology, Chemistry, Biological Science, Home Science and Geology in S. Kula Women’s College, Kongkhampat, Nambol (Manipur)
- Infrastructure Grants to Colleges: New building for M.Ed. Classrooms, Institute of Advanced Study in Education, Republic Veng, Aizwal (Mizoram)
- Infrastructure Grants to University: Smart Classrooms and Moot Court Room, Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur (Rajasthan)
- Preparatory Grants: Management Information Systems (MIS) in all Government College of Sikkim
- Infrastructure Grants to Universities: Women Hostel at Bharathiar University, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
- New Model Degree College (MDC) at Kalwakurthy, Nagarkurnool (District), Telangana and Infrastructure Grants to University: Yogic Science Laboratory in Uttarakhand Sanskrit University, Haridwar (Uttarakhand).
The detailed information regarding the projects can be had from the RUSA website http://mhrd.gov.in/rusa
With Inputs From PIB