KIIT University, earlier known as Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It was awarded as one of the youngest institutions to be deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004. KIIT was established in 1992 as an Industrial Training Institute (ITI) which have only 12 students and 2 faculties at that time. KIIT University has different independent campuses for each academic programs and has 30000+ students into its various distinct streams.
KIIT University offers undergraduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Biotechnology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing in its different independent campuses such as for the Engineering streams KIIT School of Technology available, for the Computer Application the School of Computer Application, for the management courses KIIT School of Management is here, for the integrated law programs School of Law is available in choice, for Biotechnology as a career School of Biotechnology is available for them, for Fashion Designing there is School of Fashion Technology in option, for medical courses School of Medicine and School of Dental Sciences is available and KIIT Group of Institutions operating courses for Polytechnic College, Industrial Training Centre, Science College, International School and Kalinga Institute of Social Science.
Vision: To create an advanced center of professional learning of international standing where the pursuit of knowledge and excellence shall reign supreme, unfettered by the barriers of nationality, language, cultural plurality and religion.
• Imparting quality value based education of international standard and imbibing skill for solving real life problems.
• Inculcating global perspective in attitude.
• Creating leadership qualities with a futuristic vision.
• Fostering a spirit of entrepreneurship and realization of societal responsibilities.
• Cultivating adaptation of ethics, morality and healthy practices in professional life.
• Instilling habit of continual learning.
• Encouraging and supporting creative abilities and research temperament.
• Establishing and promoting close interaction with industries and other utility sectors and keep abreast with state-of-the-art technology.
|Name||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT University)|
|Area Covered||6200 Acres|
|Address||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology , KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
City- Bhubaneshwar , State- Orissa, 751024
|Landline||0 674 2725113|
|Space Covered||6200 Acres|