The University of Delhi has announced the admission procedure of the undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil and Ph.D. Programmes for the session 2018. The registration will begin on 15th May 2018 for more than 56000 seats in undergraduate programmes.
The invite of applications will start soon for all the programmes. Once the registration process starts officially, the eligible candidates can apply online. The registration process for all the programmes will be completely online for all the categories and all quotas.
The date of commencement of registration for various programmes is given below:
15th May 2018
18th May 2018
Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Security & Law Programme
18th May 2018
20th May 2018
Key points of the DU Admissions 2018:
- From this year, the whole procedure of registration and admission commence only in online mode.
- Facility of automatic capturing of Class 12th Marks of CBSE students by providing their registration no. in the online application form is availed.
- Students who want to apply through sports quota now they can upload 3 certificates instead of just one.
- The university will hold an open house session at the conference centre on north campus from 21st May to 29th May 2018 (10:00 AM to 11:30 AM and 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM) for the students and parents to aware with the online admission procedure and available courses.
- 5% seats (2700 seats) are supernumerary seats in each course and college for sports and extracurricular activities.
- 5% seats (2700 seats) are supernumerary seats in each course and college for Kashmiri Migrants(KM) and upto 10% relaxations in cut-offs.
- 3% seats (1620 seats) are supernumerary seats for persons with disability.
The registration process will be commenced from 15th May 2018 however, the admission process will be commenced after releasing of cut off list. So students are advised that does registration from the official website of the University of Delhi and keeps yourself away from the last minute rush.
Steps to fill the application form
Candidates seeking admission in Delhi University must know the step-wise application procedure as given below.
- Go to the official website of DU and click on the New Registration link.
- Fill up all the required details in the application form such as personal and educational details.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in JPG format. Also, upload the self-attested copies of 10th and 12th class mark sheet and certificate. Category and extracurricular certificates, if applicable.
- Make the payment through online or offline mode.
- Verify all the entered details, click on the final submit button and take a printout of the form for admission process.
- After the registration, a confirmation mail will be sent email address. Candidate needs to click on the confirmation link.
- Any change in the application form will not be entertained by the university after final submission.
Note: The above filling up application form steps based on previous year procedure, any change in this admission procedure will be updated here.
- The application fee for General/ OBC category is INR 100 while it is INR 50 for SC/ ST category.
- The application fee can be paid by debit or credit card/ net-banking in online mode and through bank challan at any branch.