One of the most reputable IIM campus IIM Lucknow has made a series of developments which are very important for the campus and its students. On March 20, 2017, a 15-member Board of Governors have discussed various issues and have taken following decisions which are making the main headline that IIM-Lucknow has grabbed:
- New Incubation Centre at the Varsity.
- No hike in tuition fee for the next academic session.
- IIM Lucknow shall host to host the IIM Conference.
1. New Incubation Centre at the Varsity:
- The rationale behind establishing this Incubation Centre is to promote research-driven and innovative projects which help generate more employment and bring laurels to the campus in the research field.
- IIM Lucknow role shall be to support the project's idea and help the entrepreneurs in transferring technology to industry standards.
- SIDBI or Small Industries Development of Bank of India has come forward to give Rs. 3.5 crore for setting up the Incubation Centre at IIM Lucknow.
2. No hike in tuition fee for the next academic session:
- No fees hike till next academic session and last year fees which was Rs. 14 lakh shall be paid as tuition fee now.
- Since Board of Governors felt that there is a need to provide quality education at an affordable price. hence earlier proposal is rejected as of now.
- Earlier Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow had proposed to hike the fee by 15%.and if the proposal was approved the students would have paid rs 16 lakh as tuition fees which would have increased financial burden on students.
3. IIM Lucknow shall host to host the IIM Conference:
- The Board of Governors also unanimously agreed to host the IIM Conference at the varsity which is also a moment of pride for the campus.
- This IIM conference is expected to take place in the month of December this year.
- ' Managing digital economy ' shall be basic theme for the conference as per the final decision in the meeting.