Summer placements at the IIM Tiruchirappalli for the post graduate batch 2016-18 have been very succesful.
According to the press release of IIM- Trichy,
- Rs.53,030 was the average stipend offered to students for the internship period. It also mentioned that the highest offer rolled out in the placement was 2.50 lakh.
- Over 106 companies had sought to participate in the campus placement. However, the placements were closed with 70 companies that recruited 159 candidates from the institute.
- Organizations offered roles in various domains including sales and marketing, general management, finance, consulting, operations, HR and strategy.
- Microsoft, Deloitte, World Bank, Dabur, Mahindra, Cognizant, Accenture and Yes Bank were some of the leading recruiters that participated in the placements of IIM Trichy. Hiring percentage in all the sectors was balanced and almost similar numbers of offers were made by sectors including FMCG, BFSI, manufacturing, consulting, IT and services, retail, supply chain, infrastructure and e-commerce.
Highlights of the drive:
- A growth of 20-25% was seen in the top 10% offers rolled out by organizations of sales and marketing, finance and general management.
- The institute has successfully awarded 100% placement and there has been a significant rise in the offers made.
- IIM Trichy has seen a 56% rise in the highest stipend offered by companies.