The "VIT Fashion Institute of Technology" (V-FIT) was inaugurated on Saturday as part of the "Vellore Institute of Technology" (VIT) in their Chennai campus. V-FIT will offer a B.Tech degree course in fashion technology for six different design courses, i.e. accessory design, leather design, technology design, knitwear design, textile design and fashion technology. There will be no Entrance exam conducted by the University for this course.
- The admission procedure for the V-FIT is on the basis of the performance in class 12th of the students i.e, students will be shortlisted on the basis of their merit in class 12th and will be called for the counseling.
- Those students who have qualified "National Institute of Fashion Technology General Ability Test" (NIFT-GAT) will be given preference.
- Those students who have completed their 12th examination by the recognized board in a regular and full-time course.
- Candidates should have secured an overall aggregate of minimum 70% marks and above in their class 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for the General and OBC candidates and an overall aggregate of minimum 60% for the SC/ST candidates for the same.
- Those candidates whose belonging from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Sikkim and Tripura should also have to secure an overall aggregate of minimum 70% marks in their class 12th examination with compulsory subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1994 they are eligible to apply. The date of birth as recorded in the High School/SSC/X Certificate will be considered authentic.
|Special Fees(Including Examination Fees and Library Fees etc.)
|Total Fees for the first year
|Availability of Application form
||In 1st Week of June
|Last date for Application forms
||In 3rd week of June
|Last date for submission of the application forms
||In 3rd Week of June
|Shortlisted candidates Result on the website(Tentative)
|Tentative date for Interview
|Last Date for payment of fees
|Commencement of classes for all Programmes
Where N.A. means Not Available.