The Honourable supreme court of India gave the judgement to conduct two-phased common medical entrance exam through National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET).It has also approved Centre's proposed two-phased schedule for NEET. MCI and CBSE will be conducting 1st phase on May1.
Some important points from Apex Court Judgement:
- AIPMT 2016 to be held on 1st May 2016 shall be the phase I of NEET.
- Phase II of NEET for the left out candidates shall be held on 24th July 2016 by inviting applications with the fee.
- Combined result of both the Tests shall be declared on 17th August 2016.
- CBSE will provide All India Rank,Admitting Authorities will invite applications for Counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank.
- All associated with the conduct of Exam including Central Govt., State Govt., institutions, Police etc. will extend all necessary support to CBSE and permit security measures like use of electronic and communication devices Jammers etc. for the timely and fair conduct of the NEET.
Tamil Nadu strongly opposed to NEET and said that there is no culture of medical entrance examination in the state since 2007.
For further Information please click here
for Honourable Supreme Court Judgment