National Institution ranking framework under MHRD,now ranks college/university that will tell you where does that institutions stands.
NIFR (National Institution ranking framework ) under MHRD (ministry of Human resources and development) has provided the international status of Indian Universities and colleges which will be the immense help to aspiring student to choose their college. It will also improve the image of the universities at the international platform and universities will attend the status which these universities deserve and institutes will always be at the radar and cautious about their performances
The list is long enough ,accommodating all IITs, IIMs and many those which were very good in their academics records but left unrecognized. Delhi & NCR have come up immense high status in this ranking list.
What is NIRF ?
It has has been accepted by the MHRD and launched by Honourable Minister for Human Resource development on 29th September 2015. This framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country.
This framework outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country. The methodology draws from the overall recommendations broad understanding arrived at by a Core Committee set up by MHRD, to identify the broad parameters for ranking various universities and institutions. The parameters broadly cover “Teaching, Learning and Resources,” “Research and Professional Practices,” “Graduation Outcomes,” “Outreach and Inclusivity,” and “Perception”.
Although the Ranking Frameworks are similar, the exact methodologies are domain specific. Ranking methods have been worked out for 6 categories of institutions i.e., Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Architecture, Universities and Colleges.
NIRF's Judging and Ranking Parameters:
Ranking of institutions-2016 :
- Teaching Learning & Resources: These parameters are related to the core activities of any place of learning.
- Research Professional, Practice & Collaborative Performance: Excellence in teaching and learning is closely associated with the scholarship.
- Graduation Outcome: This parameter forms the ultimate test of the effectiveness of the core teaching/learning.
- Outreach & Inclusivity: The Ranking framework lays special emphasis on representation of women.
- Perception: The ranking methodology gives a significant importance to the perception of the institution
NOTE:The content above either directs you to NIRF website or facts and figures are taken from NIRF official website. All care has been taken to publish the above content but if any discrepancy occurs then please mail us directly at contact[at]fillandfind.com.
- NIRF Official Website
- Ministry of Human Resource Development ,MHRD official website