Indian institutes of Management
(IIMs) have announced that the Registration will start for the Common Admission Test 2016
(CAT-2016) from 8th August 2016 for admissions in various Postgraduate Management Courses
. Like every year, this year also CAT-2016 will be conducted in two sessions. The exam will be conducted on 4th December 2016 on Sunday. There are 138 cities reserved this year as a Test center for conducting CAT-2016
- Candidates can register themselves or can apply for CAT-2016 by filling up online Application form will be available at the official website of CAT-2016 from 10:00 AM on 8th August 2016 to 5:00 PM on 22nd September 2016. During filling up the application form students will be given the option to select 4 Test Cities as per their preference. Test cities and centers will be assigned to candidates when hall ticket is allotted after the registration closed for CAT-2016.
- Candidates will assign their first preferred city. In case it is not possible then they will be assigned their 2nd preferred city. If any of the preferred test city is not assigned to a candidate, in that case, they will be allotted to an alternate city. The payment mode for the Application form is online only candidates can pay by their Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking any of these one method.
- After filling up the form and submission of Application form, candidates can download their hall ticket from 18th October onwards, till the examination date.
To appear for CAT-2016 candidates should have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria which are given below:
- Candidates must have completed their Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA ( for General and OBC categories for SC/ST/PWD categories they should have secured 45% marks) by any recognized University / Institution.
- Those candidates who appearing for final year of Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification and those who have completed their degree requirements but still result is not declared or awaiting results can also apply.
- During registration or applying for CAT one thing must be cleared that IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are available at the official website.
CAT-2016 syllabus divided as per the exam pattern for Logical Reasoning, Quant Ability, Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability. The detailed syllabus is given below:
- Logical Reasoning: Clocks, calendars, binary logic, premise, conclusion, linear, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, and matrix arrangement etc.
- Quant Ability: Number systems, trigonometry, probability, algebra, mensuration, time and work, geometry, averages, percentages, permutation combination, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations etc.
- Data Interpretation: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), Venn diagram, etc.
- Verbal Ability: Reading comprehension, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, sentence correction,fill in the blanks, idioms, syllogisms, verbal reasoning etc.
There will be three sections in which candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes
i.e. 1 hour for each section and they don't allow to switch from one section to another while answering for a section.
The Tabular Form for of representation of exam pattern is given below:
||No. of Questions in particular section
||Time Alloted for the Sections
||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Important date related to CAT-2016 is given below check out the appropriate schedule for the examination from below:
|Release of Advertisement
||31st July 2016 (Sunday)
|Online Registration Starts for CAT-2016
||from 10:00 AM on 08th August 2016
|Last date for Registration of CAT-2016
||till 05:00 PM on 22nd September 2016
|Hall Ticket Availability
||from 1:00 PM on 18th October 2016
|Last date for Availability of Admit Card
||till Exam Day i.e 04th December 2016
||04th December 2016 on Sunday
|Result Declaration date
||2nd week of January 2017 (Tentative)