CAT 2018 to be conducted on 25th November 2018 in two shifts and admit cards already available for downloads on the official website. This year approximately 2.41 lakh candidates have applied for CAT 2018 and CAT 2018 is scheduled to be conducted in 374 test centers spread across 147 cities in India.
CAT 2018 will be conducted in two shifts on 25th November 2018. The morning shift exam is scheduled from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon and Afternoon shift exam is scheduled from 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM. Candidates are advised to report at 7:30 AM for the morning shift and at 1:00 PM for the afternoon shift and avoid the last minute rush at the exam centre.
Check CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Exam Pattern and Syllabus, Click Here
Check the Dos and Don’ts for candidates in CAT 2018:
Dos for Candidates:
- Print the Admit card on an A4-size paper, preferably using a Laser Printer-Admit Card is valid only if the Candidate's photograph and signature images are legibly printed.
- Make necessary arrangements on their own for travel, food, accommodation (if any)and any other expenses (including those on account of medical emergencies).
- Before leaving for the Test Centre, Candidates are requested to verify and carry their original ID proof and the printed CAT 2018 Admit card.
- Use the Google map link embedded in the electronic version of the Admit card to locate the Test Centre. Identify mode of transport and commute time at least a day before the Exam Day to reach the Test Centre on time on the day of the Exam.
- Ensure to affix the Photograph, as required, in the space provided on the Admit Card before handing over for verification at the Test Centre. Affix the same photograph which was uploaded during the application process.
- Report at the Test center at 7:30 AM IST for the Forenoon Session and at 1:00 PM IST for the Afternoon Session.
- Deposit all personal belongings such as mobile phone, bag, wallets, Jackets, Jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, stationery items, etc. at the Test Centre Entrance Gate.
- Maintain silence and remain in Queue during (a) entry to Test Centre (b) Frisking(c)document verification and (d) biometric verification and (e) exiting the Test Centre
- Cooperate with Test center staff during document Verification and Frisking
- Use the Reference Number printed on the Admit Card, to check the location of Exam Lab from the List displayed on the Notice Board at the Test Centre.
- At the Console, use the Mouse to select the right Option(s) as Answers for MCQ and type using the on-screen Keyboard to answer the non-MCQ Section.
- Return Writing Pad with all pages intact and Pen post the Exam to the Invigilator.
- Ask for any help only from Test Centre Invigilator during the exam.
- Provide your attendance in the Form with a signature when asked for in the Exam Lab.
- Post the Exam; hand over Admit Card duly signed to Invigilator present in the Exam Lab.
Check List of IIMs, Click Here
Don’ts for the Candidates:
- Avoid attempting to appear for CAT 2018Exammore than once. Candidature will be cancelled if a candidate is found to appear for the test multiple times.
- Do not request entry to the Test Centre post 8:45 a.m. for the Forenoon Session and post 2:15 p.m. for the Afternoon Session.
- Do not carry any prohibited item such as electronic gadgets etc. inside the Exam Lab.
- Do not attempt to cheat or copy answers from others during the Exam.
- Do not involve yourself in any arguments with other Candidates or Test center staff. The decision of concerned authority will be treated s final on the test day.
- Do not use the keyboard at any point in time; this will lock your computer system.
- Do not disturb other Candidates.
- Do not request for a bio-break while inside the Exam Lab unless it is a Medical emergency.
- Do not have friends and relatives accompany beyond the Test Centre gate.
- Do not request for change of Test Centre/Exam Lab/Console on the Exam Day.
- Do not wear any jewelry (or any item(s) of or containing metal), Jackets and Footwear inside the Exam Lab.
- Do not use Mobile phones, Electronic Gadgets, Watches, Calculators, own Stationery items, Wallets, and/or goggles.
- Do not provoke any other Candidate to commit or participate in any form of malpractice.
- Do not waste Writing pad pages as it is distributed only once per Candidate during the course of the Exam. Do not carry any page from the writing pad outside the exam lab after the test.
Candidates are advised that they should read all the instructions carefully which are provided on the Admit Card and follow them strictly. PwD candidates with scribe should complete all formalities as explained on CAT website.
Source: with the inputs of iimcat 2018 official website.