Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) announces admissions for Ph. D. and MA (Economics- Specialization in Trade and Finance). The institute provides Full-time and Part-time Ph. D. Programme (Economics & Management) MA for both domestic and overseas candidates for the year 2018. The detailed information regarding eligibility, important dates and how to apply for the both courses is given below:
Eligibility Criteria for Ph. D. Programme
- Master's /M.Phil degree in any discipline (including IIFT MPIB) from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B Plus in aggregate.
- Diploma courses equivalent to Master’s Degree (e.g., PGDIM from IIMs) with 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B Plus, recognized by AICTE/UGC would be considered.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Candidates having Master’s / M.Phil Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B Plus in aggregate can apply only for IIFT’s full time Ph.D. programme. Minimum knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
|S.No. || |
|1. || |
Last date for submission of Application and Statement of Purpose
April 27, 2018
|2. || |
Notification of eligible candidates for Written Entrance Examination
May 11, 2018
|3. || |
Date of Written Entrance Examination and Descriptive Test
May 27, 2018
|4. || |
Declaration of Result of Written Entrance Examination
June 8, 2018
|5. || |
Personal Interview at IIFT Campus in New Delhi
First week of July
|6. || |
Declaration of Final Results
Fourth week of July
|7. || |
Commencement of the Ph.D. Programme
Second week of August
How to Apply for Ph. D. Programme:
Student need to fill the application form (available on the website for download) and mail the same along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 2,500 ( 1,250 for SC/ST candidates and US$120/ Rs. 8,500 for Foreign Nationals) in favour of "Indian Institute of Foreign Trade payable at New Delhi" hhich should reach latest by 27th April 2018. On the cover of envelope mention “Application for Ph.D. 2018 Programme”. The mail has to be sent at the following address:
Ms. Lalita Gupta
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi 110016
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: 91-11-39147200-205 (Extn. 426), 39147226 (Direct) Fax: 91-11-39147301
Important documents to be mailed with application form:
- Copy of “Statement of Purpose” mentioning Research Interest/ Discipline/ Area objective, etc.
- Self-attested copy of certificates and mark-sheets
- 2 passport size color photo
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Demand Draft
- SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PWD category candidates need to attach the requisite certificate
Eligibility Criteria for MA:
- BA or B.Sc in Economics with at least 50% marks.
- Candidate must have completed Higher Secondary with Mathematics as one of the subject.
- Candidates with other than BA or B.Sc degree must have atleast one major each in Mathematics and Economics with 55% of aggregate marks.
- No age bar to apply in IIFT MA programme.
- Seats are reserved for foreign nationals and NRIs. The admission will be considered on the basis of CGPA obtained and a merit list will prepare by the committee.
Last date to apply online
April 30, 2018
Date of Entrance
May 27, 2018
How to Apply:
- Open the official website of IIFT. Click Here
- On the page click on “ADMISSIONS 2018” and click on “Apply Online” under MA (Economics - Specialization in Trade and Finance) 2018-20.
- It will redirect to a page on which a candidate need to register themselves.
- After succsessful registration fill up the online application form by providing all details correctly.