As per the new regulations framed, all students appearing for NEET - 2017 have to use aadhar card during filling the admission form. The main point highlighted are mentioned below:
- It has been decided that candidates, who are Indian Citizens and ordinary residents of India, will register in NEET-2017 using Aadhaar. The use of Aadhaar for the applicants of NEET- 2017 will result in an accuracy of the applicants’ details. This will also help in ascertaining the identity of the applicants at the examination centers in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
- Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the applicants of NEET- 2017, and hereby notifies the following:
- Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in the online application for NEET-2017 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
- Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
- In order to facilitate such applicants who are not having Aadhaar, the CBSE has specially set up facilitation centers in each city of examination for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment. The applicants can approach such facilitation centers who will not charge any amount from any applicant for Aadhaar enrolment. The list of the facilitation center is available on www.cbseneet.nic.in. These applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received Aadhaar should enter 28 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling online application form for NEET-2017.
- In case Aadhaar enrolment facility is not available at the facilitation centers, the applicants should submit a request for Aadhaar enrolment. The facilitation center will issue a registration number to such applicants. This registration number should be entered by the applicants at the time of filling online application form for NEET-2017
- The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya. for the students from these states, need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.