The release of admit card of NEET 2017 has been delayed by a week due to the verdict of the apex court to allow candidates of 25 years of age. Since the application filing deadline was until April, 5th, 2017.
Also Read: NEET 2017: Relaxation On Upper Age Limit By Supreme Court, Application Deadline Also Extended
What Is NEET?
For the new generation reader or aspiring future doctors we would like to tell you that NEET is held for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in India in medical/dental colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the ministry of health and family welfare, except for the institutions established by an Act of Parliament ie AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
Reason to Delay The admit Card:
- In view of the orders of Honourable Supreme Court of India to accept the applications of candidates above 25 years of age, admit cards will now be hosted on 22.04.2017.
- According to the official notification for the exam, the admit card for NEET 2017 was to be issued on Saturday, April 15.
Other Related Facts:
- NEET, a single stage objective type test, is scheduled to be held on May 7 this year in 104 examination cities across the country.
- Admissions to medical and dental seats in the country is bound to get tougher this year, with 11,35,104 aspirants registering for the exam.
- In 2016, NEET was conducted in two phases and the total number of candidates stood at 8,02,594.