Indian Institute of Science (IISc) which is an institute of national importance has called students for summer fellowship in science & engineering 2017. All selected candidates shall work under the supervision of one of the faculty members of IISc., and thus learn various techniques used in research for a period of one month during June-July 2017.
- You must be a SC/ST student.
- You can be studying in 1st year M.Sc in science disciplines (Biological, Physical, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences) or 3rd-year B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree, during the academic year 2016-17.
Though selection procedure is yet to be declared but official notification says that IISc shall come up with some suitable criteria to select candidates.
The institute is very generous as it also offers financial support which will include:
- Traveling allowance equivalent to 2nd Class sleeper train fare from nearest station of college/residence to IISc. and back.
- Free boarding and lodging (on sharing basis) at IISc.
- Fellowship of Rs.5,000/- and a book grant of Rs.1,500/
- The online application will open from 10th March 2017 (10 A.M onward).
- The last date for submission of filled in application form is 15th April 2017.
How to Apply?
- The students are requested to submit the online application by logging on to the web site: www.iisc.ac.in.
- After submitting an online application, take a print out of the application along with study certificate and attach latest passport size color photograph at identified place duly signed application by the Principal of the college.
- The Principal signed application has to be scanned in PDF or JPEG format and has to upload same to the website: www.iisc.ac.in
- Contact Person: The Assistant Registrar (Academic), Indian Institute of Science, BANGALORE – 560 012,
- Phone: 080-2293 2937,
- E-mail: [email protected]