Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) had started the online application process for the December examination 2018. Interested candidates may apply online from the CSIR-HRDG official website on or before 15th October 2018. The CSIR UGC NET examination was conducted on 17th June 2018 for the Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship (NET).
CSIR and UGC provide Research Fellowships to bright young men and women for training in methods of research under expert guidance of faculty members/scientists working in University Department/ National Laboratories and Institutions in various fields of Science. Only bonafide Indian citizens are eligible for this test.
CSIR conducts CSIR-UGC NET Exam for Science stream in Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences. Online applications for JRF/NET are invited twice a year on all India basis. The CSIR UGC NET examination of December 2018 is scheduled to be held tentatively on 16th December 2018.
All Admissions Related News
Eligibility for CSIR UGC NET
- Candidates should hold degree in M.Scorequivalentdegree/IntegratedBS-MS/BS-4years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS withat least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates (50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates).
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of online submission of application form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks with in the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award (Such candidates will have to submit the attestation form duly certified by theHead of the Department/ Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared).
- Those applicant who have degree in B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree or students enrolled in Integrated MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks for General(UR)andOBCcandidates (50%marksforSC/ST, Personswith Disability(PwD)) areeligibleto apply.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/ enrolled for Ph.D/Integrated Ph.D program within the validity period of two years.
- Candidates who possessing only Bachelor’s degree shall not be eligible for Lectureship; Specification of degrees (whether Bachelor’s or Master’s) as notified by the UGC in its Gazette Notification No. F. 5-1/2013 (CPP-II) dated 5th July, 2014 and as amended from time to time, shall apply;
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. Ph.D degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
- Candidate’s age should not be more than 28 years as on 01-07-2018 for JRF(NET) ( the upper age limit is relax able up to 5 years for SC/ST/ Persons with Disability(PwD)/ female applicants and 03 years for OBC ( non creamy layer) applicants). There will be no upper age limit for Lectureship (NET).
Download the Information Brochure, Click Here
OBC (Non Creamy Layer)
Note: Other Backward Class (OBC) candidate whose caste is not listed in the Central List and/or who does not belong to OBC (Non Creamy Layer), though his/her caste is listed in the central list, shall apply as ‘General’ candidate and is required to pay Examination fee @ Rs.1000/-.