Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) is a Deemed University and it is the first self-financing Engineering College in the name of Bharath Institute of Science and Technology (BIST) was started in Tamil Nadu in 1984 by Sri Lakshmi Ammal Educational Trust, established by the academic visionary Dr.S.Jagathrakshakan. Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research is also informally called as Bharath University, and formerly Bharath Engineering College.
Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research (BIHER) is providing multi-stream, multi-cultural and high-quality education to nearly 10,000 students from around the world. It is functioning in a sprawling area of 305 acres of land located in 4 Campuses both in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry with the state of the art infrastructure facilities.
“Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research (BIHER) envisions and constantly strives to provide an excellent academic and research ambiance for students and members of the faculties to inherit professional competence along with human dignity and transformation of the community to keep pace with the global challenges so as to achieve holistic development.”
• To develop as a Premier University for Teaching, Learning, Research and Innovation on par with leading global universities.
• To impart education and training to students for creating a better society with ethics and morals.
• To foster an interdisciplinary approach in education, research and innovation by supporting lifelong professional development, enriching knowledge banks through scientific research, promoting best practices and innovation, industry driven and institute oriented cooperation, globalization and international initiatives.
• To develop as a multi-dimensional institution contributing immensely to the cause of societal advancement through spread of literacy, an ambiance that provides the best of international exposures, provide health care, enrich rural development and most importantly impart value based education.
• To establish benchmark standards in professional practice in the fields of innovative and emerging areas in engineering, management, medicine, dentistry, nursing, physiotherapy and allied sciences.
• To imbibe human dignity and values through personality development and social service activities.
|Name||Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research|
|Area Covered||305 Acres|
|Address||173 Agharam Road Selaiyur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
City- Chennai , State- Tamil Nadu, 600073
|Landline||044 2229 0247|
|Space Covered||305 Acres|