.The long awaited examination schedule for GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 is officially released. Official Website for GATE 2018 is http://www.gate.iitg.ac.in/. IIT Guwahati has also created a Facebook page to help the student and keep them updated. Click here to visit official Facebook Page of GATE 2018
The notification is still in very initial phase but the information mentioned in poster and press release has been made public and thus has been decoded completely for you.
The importance of GATE 2018:
- Admissions to Postgraduate Programs (Master's and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Science are open to those who qualify in GATE.
- The GATE score is also used by many PSUs for their recruitment.
- GATE 2018 score will be valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of results.
Important Takeaways from GATE 2018 Official Poster:
- Starting Date for the GATE 2018 application form filling is 01st September 2017 and the deadline for candidates is 05th October 2017.
- Dates of Examination for GATE 2018 is 03rd, 04th, 10th and 11th February 2018.
- Examination for all the papers will be Computer Based Tests.
GATE 2018 Eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+12 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of a Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/ MHRD as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
- Those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2018 Important Dates
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission ||September 01, 2017 (Friday) |
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website ||October 05, 2017 (Thursday) |
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login ||November 17, 2017 (Friday) |
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing ||January 05, 2018 (Friday) |
|GATE 2018 Online Examination Dates ||February 03, 04, 10 & 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays) |
|The announcement of Results on the Online Application Website ||March 17, 2018 (Saturday) |
How To Apply to GATE 2018?
All candidates must apply ONLINE. The application portal can be accessed through any of the following GATE zonal websites.
Fees Details for GATE 2018
The application fee has to be paid ONLINE. The fee details are as follows:
Application Fee for Indian Candidates:
- For Female candidates: Rs. 750/-
- For SC, ST, PwD candidates: Rs. 750/-
- For all other remaining candidates: Rs. 1500/-
Application Fee for International Candidates:
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu: US $50
- Dubai and Singapore: US $100
Stay tuned with us for more updates on GATE 2018 !!!