CAT 2017 fever is about to rise and the first cracker burst when IIM Lucknow officially took the authority to conduct Common Aptitude Test (CAT) 2017. Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) will be releasing the notification for the Common Admission Test 2017 (CAT 2017) in newspapers across the country on 30th July, 2017 (Sunday).
he most prestigious Management entrance exam in the country Common Admission Test - CAT 2017 is all set to be conducted on 26th November 2017 (Sunday) in two sessions, as per the official notification released the by the conduction IIM Lucknow by the evening of 29th July 2017. Common Admission Test will lead to admissions in IIMs and leading colleges that offer management programs in post graduation. For More Information Click here.
IMs are considered India’s premier national institutes providing quality education in management and research. IIMs primarily offer postgraduate, doctoral and executive education programs. The flagship programme of IIM is the two-year post graduate Diploma (PGDM) popularly known as Master of Business Administration (MBA). These two-year programs are generally residential in nature.
CAT in simple words is a management aptitude test conducted by the IIMs primarily to evaluate and shortlist candidates for the post graduate programme. It is a computer based exam available for eager and eligible candidates to register and take once a year.
CAT 2017 Application Fee:
- The application fee will be Rs. 1800/- for General / NC-OBC candidates.
- SC/ST /PWD candidates are required to pay Rs.900/- as an application fee.
- The application fee payment can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
CAT 2017 Registration
- Candidates can register for this exam via online mode through the official website.
- CAT Application Form 2017 shall be available between 9th August 2017 and will close on 20th September 2017 ( Wednesday , %:00 pm )
- Enter your registration details and register yourself.
- A User ID and Password will be generated after registration. and filling details, uploading the important scanned images along with payment of application fees through online mode only.
- At the End Take out the Printout of the application form.
The detailed eligibility criteria to apply for CAT 2017 exam is given here:
- Qualification: Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, students must have secured minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD candidates.
- Appearing Candidates: Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply.
- Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
CAT 2017 Important Dates
|Sr. No. ||Activities ||Timelines |
|1 ||Release of Advertisement/Official Notification ||29-30 July 2017. |
|2 ||Online Registration for CAT and Application commencement for CAT 2017 || August 9, 2017 to September 20, 2017 |
|3 ||Admit Card Download Window ||October 18 2017, till Exam Date |
|4 ||Test Date || 26 November, 2017 |
|5 ||Release of Results ||2nd week of January 2018 |
Must Read: CAT 2017 Important Dates For Management Aspirants
Courses Offered After CAT 2017
There are about 13 courses offered by IIMs and other institutes using CAT 2017 score for admissions.
- PGPEM (Post Graduate Programme in Enterprise Management)
- PGPBM (Post Graduate Programme in Business Management)
- PGP (Post Graduate Programme)
- PGPWE (Post Graduate Programme for Working Executive)
- PGPPM (Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management)
- EPGPM (Executive Post Graduate Programme)
- PGPSM (Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets)
- PGDHRM (Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management)
- PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)
- PGPEX (Post Graduate Programme for Executives)
- PGP-Mumbai (Post Graduate Programme at Mumbai)
- PGP-ABM (Post Graduate Programme in Agri-Business Management)
- PGP-UAE (Post Graduate Programme at UAE)
Must Read: List Of All Courses Offered By CAT 2017 Participating IIMs
CAT 2017 Participating Institutes
There are 20 IIMs in India. Apart from these 20 institutes, there are many institutes which accept CAT 2017 score.
- Indian Institutes of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institutes of Management, Amritsar
- Indian Institutes of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institutes of Management, Bodh Gaya
- Indian Institutes of Management, Calcutta
- Indian Institutes of Management, Indore
- Indian Institutes of Management, Jammu
- Indian Institutes of Management, Kashipur
- Indian Institutes of Management, Kozhikode
- Indian Institutes of Management, Lucknow
- Indian Institutes of Management, Nagpur
- Indian Institutes of Management, Raipur
- Indian Institutes of Management, Ranchi
- Indian Institutes of Management, Rohtak
- Indian Institutes of Management, Sambalpur
- Indian Institutes of Management, Shillong
- Indian Institutes of Management, Sirmaur
- Indian Institutes of Management, Tiruchirappalli
- Indian Institutes of Management, Udaipur
- Indian Institutes of Management, Visakhapatnam
- List Of All Top 20 Indian Institute Of Management ( IIM ) In India Accepting CAT 2017 Score
- List Of Non-IIM Top B-school Accepting CAT Score 2017 In India
CAT 2017 Syllabus
Common Admission Test or CAT is a computer based test of 180 minutes duration carrying 100 multiple choice objective type questions from three sections. There are Three sections in CAT 2017 exam:
- Quantitative Ability (QA) – 34
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DA & LR) – 32
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC) – 34
Now we bring to you the syllabus or the important topics under each section of CAT 2017.
CAT Syllabus 2017 for Quantitative Ability
- Higher Maths
- Modern Mathematics
- Number System
The sub topics from the above mentioned topics are:
- Arithmetic progression
- Arithmetic mean
- Angles, triangles, sphere’s rectangles, cubes, cone
- Geometric progression
- Geometric mean
- HCF and LCM
- Harmonic mean
- Installment and payments
- Profit and loss
- Ratio and proportion
- Pipe and cisterns
- Speed and distance
- Work & time
CAT Syllabus 2017 for Verbal and Reading Comprehension
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Fill in the blanks
- Para Completion
- Para Jumble
- Sentence Correction
- Verbal Reasoning
- Word Usage (Vocabulary)
- Bar Graph
- Combination of Graphs
- Data Sufficiency
- Line Graph
- Pie Chart
- Blood Relations
- Binary Logic
- Clocks and Calendars
- Constraint-based puzzles
- Data Arrangement
- Family Tree
- Matching Puzzles
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagram
Must Read: CAT 2017 Exam Pattern And Complete Syllabus
CAT 2017 Exam Centers
Last year there were about 136 exam cities and this year it is expected that the number might rise to 145. They have decided on the basis of a number of candidates appeared from that cities last year. To get complete detail click the link below.
CAT 2017 Admit Card
- They Shall be made availbale from 18th October, 2017 till examdate of CAT 2017 which is 26th November, 2017
- Only after the successful submission of online application form the candidate is eligible to get CAT 2017 Admit Card.
- CAT 2017 Admit Card will be provided to students through online mode.after successfully entering their User ID and Password.
CAT 2017 Answer Key
- The answer key will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the CAT examination.
- CAT answer key will be published within a week after the examination.
- Students can get the answer key via online mode through the website.
- Through answer key, candidates can have an idea about their performance in the examination.
CAT Result 2017
Candidates can check the CAT 2017 Result in the second week of January 2019. CAT score card will be made available via online mode through the website. The authority may also intimate about the result to candidates individually. Candidates can view their score through the login window. Candidates are advised to take the printout of the result for further use.
Students will get admission in various IIMs on the basis of cut-off. CAT Cut-off will depend upon the various terms like a number of students, seat availability, exam difficulty, etc. CAT cut-off will be released after the declaration of result. Cut-off will be published separately for various categories like NC-OBC, ST, ST and DA/PwD.
Must Read: Complete Information About CAT Cutoff 2017
CAT 2017 Admission
CAT counselling 2017 will start once after the result announcement. Each IIM consider their own procedures & eligibility for providing admissions. Admission for two years PGDM or Post Graduate Diploma in Management programmes in IIMs are on merit, based on a difficult selection process consisting of
- Personal Interview
- Written Ability Test / Group Discussions,
- Common Admission Test or CAT score
Stay Tuned with us for regular updates on CAT 2017 !!